Yes, sure, the heart wants what the heart wants. But I’ve always found that what the heart really wants is what it can’t have. Ever, at all. Concealed beneath the skin and tissues of this 35 year old lies the bones of grandma; I can’t wear shoes without backs. Ever, at all. Like a grandma, I can tell when it’s going to rain by my arthritic knees and sensible shoes are my friend. I can endure it by strapping myself into sky high platforms and well fitting heels, but slides/mules/flip flops/anything with zero back? NOPE.
- Bee Slides: Yuki Yoru Pointed Mules, $22. Also in black, grey.
- Pink Hologram Slides: Satomi Pointy Mules, $21. Also in gold, silver.
- Floral Embellished Slides: Mailemao Pointy Mules, $24. Also in green, black.
- Silver Glitter Slides: JY Glitter Pointy Mules, $39. Also in gold, pink, white.
Is there anything chicer then a pointy, flat slide? Embellished to all get out OR plain, modern, simple? I like them all! I WANT them all! I want to wear suede slides with a ball gown. Furry slides with denim. Dress up work clothes with something a little weird and cool and be easy on weekends with a nothing little mule. But my knees would HURT. Ache and ache and then I’d worry that I’d be damaging what little cartilage is next and if I do that and then can’t wear heels, what do I even have to live for anymore?!
- Blush: Joie Adiel Velvet Flat Mule, $99. Also in navy.
- White: Pure Navy Babouche Leather Mule, $65. Also in navy, sand, black.
- Black: Eileen Fisher Day Mule, $195. Also in Shadow.
- Beige: Vince Nadette Pointed Toe Mule, $176.
That Pure Navy one is a GREAT deal on Gilt and I always feel closer to my ideal woman when I look at anything Eileen Fisher. But it can’t be! For me, anyway. For you, little loves, run free in your backless slides!
And never forget, THE ONE – Brother Vellies Fur Slide. I die. Every time. Good luck to you in your Ebay/LGS/TheRealReal hunt!!